Monday, August 30, 2010

Come on this musical ride, with me.

Over the past 8 months I've been to 8 states, and seen over 20 shows. And it's only August.

I've recently, though being obsessed with music my whole life,  have put my "good groupie-ness" into motion.  Letting myself go and selling my soul to the road, sounds pretty ideal right now.

Why not? I mean, I'm not married, I'm not old.. I make good money.
My job has allowed me to basically take off at any given time and still manage to work 37-40 hour work weeks.

I try to justify it, but then I realize I really care about what anyone thinks.
Though to many others it seems that all I do is chase a "false sense of reality"

I hardly could define it by that.

Music literally is one of the only things I don't question in my life.
It makes sense and has always made sense. It's something that has an immediate affect on me when I hear the chords and melodies.

I guess some just don't get it, and that's fine. I'm not snorting lines, or sleeping with the bands. I'm not that  My bills are paid and make time for my friends and family.
I'm just living life and loving it.

I'm really loving my life right now, but then I get back from an incredible weekend and I feel like I've been dumped because the 'musical ride' is over.

It's a bittersweet symphony this life.... 
I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind, I feel free now....

<3
Chasin you the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment